A nutritious start to the day is essential, particularly for those with specific dietary considerations such as diabetes. These Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins, rich in protein and whole grains, serve as a wholesome breakfast or snack option. The blend of high-quality ingredients in these muffins provides sustained energy without rapid spikes and drops in blood sugar.
Though not low in carbohydrates, the muffins are composed of nutrient-dense ingredients, making them a justifiable choice for balanced meal planning. The inclusion of Greek yogurt adds protein, while the oats contribute whole grains. Fresh blueberries provide a burst of antioxidants, setting you on a path to conquer your day efficiently.
Convenience and Versatility
The muffins can be made in advance for a quick grab-and-go breakfast or even as a portable lunch item. Their long-lasting satiety helps to prevent mid-morning hunger pangs often associated with less nutritious breakfast options.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (quick or regular)
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Truvia Baking Blend OR 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups honey nonfat Greek yogurt (Recommended: Chobani)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat Oven: Set your oven to 350°F.
- Prepare Muffin Tin: Coat with cooking spray or use muffin liners.
- Dry Ingredients: Combine flour, Truvia Baking Blend or sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix yogurt, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine Mixtures: Fold the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients until fully integrated.
- Add Blueberries: Gently incorporate the blueberries into the batter.
- Bake: Fill the muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden and springs back upon touch.
- Per Muffin: Approx. 24.3g of carbs, 1g of dietary fiber (Net Carbs: 23.3g), 215.2 Calories, 7.5g Total Fat, 5.6g Protein, 5.1g Sugar, 47.1mg Cholesterol, 300.5mg Sodium.
These Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins offer a balanced combination of nutrients, contributing to a prolonged feeling of fullness and steady energy levels. Their versatility makes them an excellent choice for various meal and snack times.